The Village of Niles and Niles Fire Department announce the official kickoff to the nineth annual U.S. Marine Corps Reserve / Village of Niles Toys for Tots Drive and Community Food Drive. Toys for Tots is a charitable program run by the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve that provides toys to children in need during the holiday season. In years past, Niles residents and employees have demonstrated their spirit of giving and generosity and in 2011 helped to provide food to 105 local families through Niles Family Services.
We anticipate that the local need for food will continue to rise and are hoping for the most successful collection of food and toys this year.
Toys for Tots embodies the true spirit of the holiday season. For children in need, a new toy is a treasure to hold and enjoy. The gift of a shiny new toy to a child means that someone cares and that they were not forgotten. Every child deserves a special holiday and your donation can make a difference.
The following Niles locations will be collecting non-perishable food items benefiting Niles Family Services and new toy donations during regular business hours beginning November 5 through December 16, 2012:
- Niles Village Hall 1000 Civic Center Drive
- Niles Fire Department 8360 W. Dempster Street and 6611 Jarvis
- Niles Police Department 7000 W. Touhy
- Niles Senior Center 999 Civic Center Drive
- Niles Fitness Center 987 Civic Center Drive
- Niles Public Works 6849 W. Touhy
- Niles Teen Center 373 Golf Mill Center
- Niles Public Library at 6960 W. Oakton
- CitiBank 8400 W. Dempster
- Parkway Bank 7601 N. Milwaukee Avenue
Per the U.S. Marine Corps guidelines, all toys must be new and unwrapped. Used toys cannot be distributed. Donations are deeply appreciated by the USMC, the Village of Niles, and most importantly by the families and children who will receive the donations.