Federal disaster aid has been made available to the State of Illinois to supplement state and local recovery efforts in the areas affected by severe storms, straight-line winds, and flooding during the period of April 16 to May 5, 2013.
Representatives from FEMA will be at the Niles Senior Center on Wednesday, May 29th from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. to discuss the disaster assistance program, assist with registration and respond to any questions / concerns. The following information will be needed to complete the application process:
- The address of your damaged home or apartment
- Names of people living your household
- A description of your disaster damages
- Insurance information
- Your Social Security Number
- A telephone number where they can reach you or leave a message
- An address where you can get mail
If you want your disaster assistance funds sent directly to your bank, provide the FEMA agent with:
- Your bank account type
- Account number
- Routing number
When you apply, you will be given a FEMA application number. Write down your number and save it for future reference. You will need the application number whenever you contact FEMA.