In the summer months during extremely hot weather, the Niles Human Services building is available as a cooling center during regular business hours.
The cooling center hours are:
- Niles Senior Center (999 Civic Center Drive) 8:30am - 5:00pm Monday through Friday
- Niles Family Fitness Center (987 Civic Center Drive) 5:30am - 10:00pm Monday through Thursday; 5:30am - 9:00pm Friday; 7:00am - 5:00pm Saturday and Sunday.
After hours, residents can call non-emergency police for assistance at 847-588-6500. In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
The Family Services Department can also provide food, personal hygiene supplies and clothing. After hours residents can contact 847-588-8460 and ask to speak with a Crisis Worker for additional support.
Rules of Conduct:
- Guests must check in and out.
- Respect people, personal property, and privacy. No weapons, alcohol, illegal drugs, matches, or tobacco use.
- No photographs may be taken.
- Media must be accompanied by the Center Manager
- News updates and emergency information will be posted at a designated location within the Center.
- Prescription and over-the-counter drugs in original containers only
- Service animals permitted in Center. Pets/therapy animals in Pet Area only.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Keep items off of the floor to prevent trips and falls and for wheelchair accessibility.
- Guests are responsible for their own valuables.
- Center is not liable for loss or damage to personal vehicles or property.
- Appropriate dress, including shirts and shoes, required at all times.
- Share electrical outlets and charging stations.
- Wash hands frequently, especially after using the lavatory and before handling food.
Management reserves the right to remove individuals from the Center for non-compliance with conduct rules.