The Niles Police Department wants to provide a traffic advisory for temporary road closures for the Niles Park District 5K Run/Walk on October 22, 2017. Starting at approximately 8:30 a.m. there will be temporary road closures for the race. Runners and walkers have been asked to stay along the side of the road. If you approach an intersection staffed with a Police Auxiliary Officer or Volunteer, please follow their directions. Once runners or walkers have passed your intersection they will direct you to safely cross the race route. Please be cautious when approaching any pedestrians in the roadway.
Road closures will impact the following streets:
- Ozark, which will be closed from the entrance of Notre Dame High School to Main Street.
- East on Main Street to Odell.
- Oriole Street between Main and Greenleaf.
- Greenleaf between Oriole and Oketo.
- Oketo from Greenleaf to Main.
- Odell Street from Main to Keeney.
- Keeney from Odell to Osceola.
- Osceola will be closed from Keeney to Main Street.
Click here for course map.
Interested in running/walking this race? It's not too late! Registration is available online at itsracetime.com, or on-site the day of the race. Race begins at 8:30 a.m.