Home for the Holidays Raffle
Shop in Niles this holiday season and you could win $100 Gift Card to your favorite Niles store
Shopping local or at "home" is important to our community. It keeps our property taxes low, funds high quality Village services and shows local retailers - your neighbors, family and friends, that you care. Plus, Niles can accommodate almost every shopping desire so why travel to neighboring towns when you can find it here at home.
To encourage residents to shop during the holiday season in Niles, the Village is once again hosting the Home for the Holidays Raffle. There is no fee to enter, simply bring in receipts from a Niles business and for every $50 spent, residents will receive one entry for the January 24, 2023 drawing. Five winners will be selected and each will receive a $100 Gift Card to a Niles business of your choice.
- Receipts must be dated between November 25, 2022 through December 23, 2022.
- All receipts must be brought to Niles Village Hall, 1000 Civic Center Drive, Community Development Counter, 1st Floor during regular hours (Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.)
- Receipts can be brought in through January 6, 2023
- Individual receipts can not exceed $2,500
- Receipts will be stamped and returned to the resident.
- Raffle drawing will be held on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at the 7:00 p.m. Village Board Meeting.
- Winners need not be present.
For Businesses - Home for the Holidays Poster to Print: Click Here
Contest Rules and Disclaimer
1. ELIGIBILITY: This Raffle is open to legal Niles residents who are 18 years of age and older. Employees of the Village of Niles and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children and siblings, and each of their respective spouses who reside with the employee) are not eligible for entry into this Raffle.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Raffle begins at 8:30 a.m. Central Time on November 25, 2022 and ends at 4:30 p.m. Central Time on December 23, 2022 (the “Entry Period”). To enter, bring your receipt(s) from any Niles business where sales tax is applicable totaling $50 or more dated and between November 25, 2022 through December 23, 2022 (the eligible “Purchase Timeframe”) to the Niles Village Hall Community Development Counter during regular business hours (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Friday). Maximum spending per receipt is $2,500. Receipts can be brought in through January 6, 2022. You will be provided one entry for each $50 spent at a Niles business during the eligible Purchase Timeframe. Entrants will be required to provide name, address, and telephone number. Entries may be subject to verification prior to prize drawing. All entries become the property of the Village and will not be returned or acknowledged.
3. PRIZE: (5) $100 Gift Cards to a Niles business of your choice.
4. ODDS: The estimated odds of winning will depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
5. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/CONDITIONS: Prizes are non-transferable. Only one winner per household. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted except at Village’s discretion. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, and any other costs or expenses related to acceptance and use of the prize not specified, are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner will be notified by the Village of Niles after receipt and verification of Prize Eligibility.
6. DRAWING: Prizes will be awarded in a random drawing conducted on January 24, 2023, from among all eligible entries received.
7. NOTIFICATION OF WINNERS/AWARDING OF PRIZE: Winners need not be present at the time of the drawing. The winners will be notified by e-mail and/or a traceable form of delivery.
8. ADDITIONAL TERMS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to (a) abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Board of Trustees, which shall be final, and (b) release, discharge and hold harmless Village of Niles.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Village of Niles is not responsible for any late, lost, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries, or responsible for incorrect or inaccurate information utilized in the Raffle; any injury or damage to participants or to any other person's related to or resulting from participating in this Raffle. The Village reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Raffle or the drawing and may conduct drawing and select a winner from among all eligible entries received for the drawing prior to the action taken.
10. OFFICIAL RULES/WINNERS LIST REQUESTS: Katie Schneider, Community Engagement Coordinator, 1000 Civic Center Drive, Niles, Illinois 60714.