Freedom of Information Act Requests
Request for Public Records
- Request Form (submit online)
- Request Form (printed copy)
- Organizational Chart
- Categories of Records Maintained
Records Not Requiring an FOIA Request
The following is a list of documents that do not require the submission of a FOIA request and will be granted on site to the requester:
- Village Board Agendas and Minutes (Village Clerks Office, Village Hall Online, and Village Website)
- Ordinances (Village Clerks Office, and Village Hall)
- Resolutions (Village Clerks Office and Village Hall)
- Proclamations (Village Clerks Office and Village Hall)
- Municipal Code (Online, and Village Website)
- Village Annual Budget Documents (Online and Village Website)
- Village Newsletter (Online and Village Website)
Freedom of Information Act
Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) - Inspection of Public Records Procedures information:
- The Freedom of Information Act, 5 ILCS 140/1 et seq., is the Illinois statute governing the inspection of public records. This act provides for public inspection of records in the possession of the Village of Niles.
When possible, requests for information should be in writing on the form provided by the village. The request can be mailed, faxed, emailed, or delivered in person to the FOIA officer. Certified copies are available on request.
The village will respond to requests for information within five business days (a business day is Monday through Friday and does not include Saturday, Sunday, or legal holidays) for non-commercial requests and within 21 business days for commercial requests (commercial requests are requests where the information requested will be used, in any form, for sale, resale, or solicitation or advertisement for sales or services).