Governor Pritzker has issued a state-wide “Stay at Home” order, which will take effect Saturday, March 21, 2020 at 5 P.M. and last through April 7.
- Building permit-related inspections may be scheduled if found essential or performed utilizing digital pictures/video (FaceTime) or exterior inspections following social distancing guidelines.
- Plan reviews -email all application,
Drop off hard copies Village Hall (1000 Civic Center Drive) under the covered entrance area on the south side of the building during business hours only, include your paperwork/plans in the drop box located at the entrance.
- Transfer stamp inspections- transfer stamp required inspections are waived during this period. Please use the village portal for scheduling still, an inspector will contact you on submitting a picture of the water meter reading to allow one to purchase the real estate stamp from the Finance Department.
- Business/Rental license inquiries - please email any applications/inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Concerns/inquiries/complaints- Please utilize RequestTracker
Areas of responsibility include:
- Planning and zoning
- Building inspection and plan check services
- Health Division
- Fire Prevention Bureau
- Business licensing / registration
- Property maintenance
- Code enforcement
- Crime free rental housing program
- Economic development
Specific task areas include
- Current and advanced planning
- Zoning administration
- Environmental impact studies
- Transportation / mobility planning
- Code compliance
- Real estate sale inspections
- Business recruitment
- Retention / expansion
- Development / redevelopment