- Coronavirus Pandemic
- Vaccine Information and Disease Prevention
Vaccine Information and Disease Prevention
This link can show you many places to get the vaccine: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/partner-vaccination-and-testing-sites/
The Cook County Health website to sign up for information about receiving the COVID-19 vaccine is vaccine.cookcountyil.gov. The telephone sign-up hotline is (833) 308-1988. Make an appointment or walk-in to any site to get your shot
Anyone aged 5 years or older in Suburban Cook County is eligible to receive one of the three vaccines against COVID-19. The vaccine is free of charge and insurance is not required.
Please note, the COVID-19 vaccination process is led by the Cook County Department of Public Health. The Village of Niles government and the Niles Senior Center CANNOT administer COVID-19 vaccines.
Independent of the County vaccine portal and hotline, the following retail pharmacies also offer vaccinations and may or may not have additional appointment availability:
- Jewel-Osco (Albertson's).
- Additional pharmacy partners may have registration for appointments.
Assistance for Homebound Individuals
Cook County Department of Public Health COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Partners are providing in-home COVID-19 vaccinations for suburban Cook County residents who are unable to leave home due to age, disability, or medical impairment.
To be eligible for this program:
- You must live in in the Jurisdiction of CCDPH (all suburban Cook County except for Chicago, Skokie, Evanston, Oak Park, and Stickney). AND:
- Be a senior OR a person with a disability who requires in-home assistance. OR:
- Have to use adaptive equipment (like a ventilator, crutches, a walker, a wheelchair, etc.) and/or accessible transportation to leave home. AND:
- Leaving home is not an option for you because doing so requires considerable and taxing effort.
If you or someone you know fits the criteria, you can sign-up by calling the Vaccine Sign-Up Hotline: 833-308-1988 Monday-Friday 8:00 A.M.-8:00 P.M. Visit the Cook County Department of Public Health website for more information on the homebound vaccination program.
After sign-up, you will receive a confirmation email or phone call from one of the Cook County Department of Public Health’s COVID-19 Vaccine Provider Partners to schedule your in-home vaccination when the vaccine is available to you. Please be patient as CCDPH responds to a large number of requests.
Vaccine Information Links
The following are authoritative resources for further information about COVID-19 vaccination:
- Cook County Department of Public Health: https://cookcountypublichealth.org/communicable-diseases/covid-19/covid-vaccine/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/index.html
- Illinois Department of Public health: https://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/vaccination-plan
If you have further questions about COVID-19 vaccination, please contact your doctor or healthcare provider.
IDPH - COVID-19 Testing Site Information
Coronavirus Information Links
For current, authoritative information on the novel Coronavirus, visit the following web sites:
Official State of Illinois Coronavirus Page
Cook County Department of Public Health COVID-19 Website
Confirmed COVID Cases
According to the Cook County Department of Public Health, as of February 25, 2022, there have been 7555 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Niles, with 278 COVID-related deaths reported by the Cook County Medical Examiner.
The Cook County Department of Public Health and the Cook County Medical Examiner maintain records regarding the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases and deaths, respectively. The Village of Niles does not receive information on overall COVID-19 cases directly, but Village employees will periodically check for updates to include on this page.
To view up-to-date numbers for cases in Niles, please visit the Cook County Department of Public Health’s "COVID-19 Surveillance Data" page, click on "Map," and select "Cumulative Count." To view up-to-date numbers for COVID-related deaths in Niles, please visit the Cook County Medical Examiner's COVID-19 Related Deaths page and select Niles under "Residence City."
Subscribe to Village Information
For the latest updates from the Village of Niles, residents should visit the Village website at www.vniles.com and sign up for emergency alerts and the e-newsletter at www.vniles.com/alert.