Compensation and Benefits
To support the development and maintenance of the Village-wide classification system, the Human Resources Department prepares and maintains job descriptions and completes salary surveys when necessary.
H.R. provides administrative support for the employee retirement plan, self-insured comprehensive medical and dental plan and vision plan. Other employee benefit programs include health services, life insurance, voluntary short term disability, pension programs, unemployment compensation, deferred income programs, vacation, sick leave, longevity and holiday pay programs. The department is responsible for the administration of Village personnel policy and procedures.
The Village of Niles rewards its employees through a compensation program designed to attract, reward, and retain employees.
The higher employees perform, the greater the potential for pay increases as progression through the salary range is based on demonstrated job performance. The village competes with other similarly situated public and private sector organizations to attract individuals with established performance records who can assist in achieving our mission as an organization. Market data is collected to ensure competitiveness in the market.
Salary and Benefits
Our salary and benefits package provides a supportive work environment that ensures financial protection for our employees.
Click here to view the Village's most recent IL Compensation Act Reporting (097-0609).
- Salary ranges are based on the fiftieth percentile of the public sector market.
- Ranges are adjusted annually and the Village aims to conduct a full market evaluation every four years to ensure that salaries are competitive.
- Performance evaluations are done annually and salary adjustments are based on the level of performance over the review period.
- PPO or HMO Medical Plans
- PPO or HMO Dental Plans (optional dental buy up plan available)
- PPO Vision Plan
- Life Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free membership at the Niles Family Fitness Center for employee and dependents
Additional Voluntary Benefits (available to full time employees):
- 457 Deferred Compensation plans and Roth IRA plans
- Voluntary Life Insurance for employees and their families
- Employee Assistance Program with Perspectives
- Employee Wellness Program with Go365
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Defined Contribution Pension Plans:
- Police/Fire Pension programs
Paid Time Off including:
- Personal Time
- Sick/Emergency Leave
- Compensatory Time
Service and Recognition Awards